We want to hear from you!
Since it began in 2020, the Enhanced Summer Bike Route Program has provided seasonal traffic-calmed recreational cycling options on routes that may one day be studied for permanent cycling infrastructure. The intent is to study routes included in the program if and when time, budget, and resources allow.
The 2022 program featured a speed limit of 30 km/hour on all routes from May through October. Some routes had other measures like additional signage and limiting vehicle traffic to one block on weekends and during the summer.
Data collected on the routes suggests the 2022 program accomplished the difficult task of balancing all road users’ needs. We need to hear from cyclists, motorists, and pedestrians to better understand your experiences with the 2022 program.
Take the survey
Complete the online survey by December 8, 2022. Please note: registration is required to ensure we are hearing from each respondent only once per route while also allowing multiple people in a household to share their views.
Your feedback will be presented in a report to Council in 2023, alongside information on cost, use, operational considerations, and recommendations for the future of the program. The recommendations on the future of the program will be subject to Council approval and funding.
- Alexander Avenue from Arlington Street to Princess Street
- Churchill Drive from Hay Street to Jubilee Avenue
- Egerton Road from Bank Avenue to Morier Avenue
- Harbison Avenue West from Henderson Highway to the eastern terminus
- Kildonan Drive from Helmsdale Avenue to Irving Place
- Kilkenny Drive / Kings Drive from Burgess Avenue to Patricia Avenue
- Linwood Street from Portage Avenue to Silver Avenue
- Lyndale Drive from Cromwell Street to Gauvin Street
- Ravelston Avenue from Wayoata Street to Plessis Road
- Rover Avenue from Hallet Street to Stephens Street
- Ruby Street / Banning Street from Palmerston Avenue to Notre Dame Avenue
- Scotia Street from Armstrong Avenue to Anderson Avenue
- Wellington Crescent from Academy Road to Academy Road/Maryland Street
- Wolseley Avenue from Raglan Road to Maryland Street
- Youville Street from Eugenie Street to Haig Avenue